Date Posted: 04/11/2013
Employer: Wyoming State Bar
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Job Type: At Will
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
The Wyoming State Bar will accept applications for the position of Executive Director until May 1, 2013, at 5:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees daily activities of a mandatory Bar comprised of over 3,000 attorneys, a 7-member staff and a budget of over $1.3 million;
- Ensures the organization’s goals are carried out consistent with the mission of the Bar and its strategic plan;
- Represents the Bar and the Board of Officers & Commissioners before bar-related entities, the judiciary, the legislature, the membership and the community;
- Ensures compliance with all policies by board, staff, committees, sections and other entities;
- Directs and supervises management of all Bar staff, including hiring, training, scheduling, reviewing work, and evaluating performance of professional and non-professional staff;
- Facilitates preparation and implementation of the Bar’s strategic plan as well as the annual budget;
- Assists in planning and conducting of meetings for the Board of Officers & Commissioners and other boards and committees;
- Serves as the Executive Secretary to the Wyoming Board of Law Examiners and the Board of Continuing Legal Education;
- Develops and maintains effective communication with a broad constituency, including members of the Bar, local bar associations, specialty bars, the law school, the Wyoming Supreme Court and other law-related entities;
- Provides leadership, direction, vision and outreach to boards, committees, and sections ensuring commitment to and accomplishment of mission, goals and roles of each entity;
- Participates in efforts to expand access to justice efforts in Wyoming;
- Serves as an at-will employee at the pleasure of the Board of Officers & Commissioners.
Qualifications and Education:
JD desirable but not required. Must have five years of experience with increasing levels of leadership responsibility. Must have strong supervisory skills; able to develop, monitor and grow budgets; coordinate closely with many different types of volunteers. Must have experience working with a Board of Directors in a public, private, or non-profit organization. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to successfully operate a computer (word processing skills), manipulate data for program and budgetary purposes, and use standard office equipment. Must be capable of working effectively with people at all levels.
Position located in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range of $75,000 to $85,000.
Benefits include employer-paid health insurance (including dental and vision), participation in the Wyoming State Retirement System (employer contribution), paid annual leave, and paid sick leave. Optional benefits include life insurance and Wyoming Deferred Compensation.
Additional information about this organization may found at www.wyomingbar.org.
Applicants should forward a letter of interest and resume to the Wyoming State Bar, P.O. Box 109, Cheyenne, WY 82003, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
The Wyoming State Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.