Paralegal/Assistant to Bar Counsel
Date Posted: 11/05/2013
Employer: Wyoming State Bar
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $38,000 - $45,000
The Wyoming State Bar is accepting applications for the position of Paralegal/Assistant to Bar Counsel.
- Assist Bar Counsel with evaluation, investigation and prosecution of attorney disciplinary complaints, including preparation of correspondence, pleadings, discovery, and trial/hearing preparation.
- Provide staff support for the Peer Review Panel (PRP), Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Resolution of Fee Dispute Committee, Clients' Security Fund Committee and Bar Counsel.
- Legal research as assigned by Bar Counsel.
- File organization and maintenance, including proper calendaring.
- Recognition and respect for the high level of confidentiality essential for this position.
- Assist Wyoming State Bar Staff with other duties and responsibilities that arise from time to time in a small-staff office, including, providing back-up for other staff positions.
Formal paralegal training or extensive legal secretary/paralegal on-the-job training is necessary. Must be able to function independently with minimal supervision. A good candidate will function well under stress and is not easily flustered by circumstances beyond his/her control. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to successfully operate a computer (word processing skills), manage data for program and budgetary purposes, and use standard office equipment. Must be capable of working effectively and professionally with people at all levels and in stressful situations. Occasional travel required in and outside of Wyoming.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range of $36,000-$45,000 based upon experience, background, and training.
Benefits include employer-paid health insurance (including dental and vision), participation in the Wyoming State Retirement System (employer contribution), paid annual leave, and paid sick leave. Optional benefits include life insurance and Wyoming Deferred Compensation.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to the Wyoming State Bar, P.O. Box 109, Cheyenne, WY 82003, or by e-mail to Mark Gifford at email@example.com no later than November 15, 2013.
The Wyoming State Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.