Date Posted: 09/06/2013
Employer: City of Laramie
Location: Laramie, WY
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $45,982 - $61,841
The City of Laramie is accepting applications for a Prosecuting Attorney in the City Attorney’s Office. This position will handle the full range of criminal prosecution of misdemeanor violations in Laramie Municipal Court.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prosecute violations of City ordinances, including but not limited to, filing of criminal complaints, attending arraignments, preparing for and representing City in bench trials, sentencing, restitution and probation violation hearings.
- Handle appeals of municipal criminal court cases to District Court and the Wyoming Supreme Court.
- Conduct training of police officers.
- Coordinate and consult with victims, witnesses, defendants and defense attorneys regarding municipal court cases.
- Prosecute violations of City ordinances on Driving While under the Influence, Driving While under Suspension and Driving without Insurance, including but not limited to, filing of criminal complaints, attending arraignments, responding to pretrial motions and discovery requests, preparing jury instructions, preparing for jury trials, and representing City at pretrial hearings, jury trials, sentencing, restitution and probation violation hearings.
Assist City Attorney with routine legal services.
- Attorney must have a Juris Doctorate degree and have graduated from law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Attorney must be a member in good standing of the Wyoming State Bar.
- Attorney should have trial experience but not required.
To apply for this position please visit www.cityoflaramie.org. Applications may also be picked up at the Laramie Workforce Center at 3817 Beech St. Suite 100. A resume, cover letter and list of references are strongly encouraged. Applicants who are offered appointments will be required to pass a physical examination and drug screening exams and submit to a comprehensive background investigation.
The City of Laramie is an EEO/ADA employer and a smoke-free workplace per City ordinance.