- Application for Admission Pro Hac Vice, signed and notarized
- Certificate(s) of Good Standing from the HIGHEST COURT for each state(s) in which the applicant is licensed, dated no more than 30 days prior to the date the application is received by the Wyoming State Bar. Do NOT send a letter/certificate from your state bar association.
- Application fee of $500
PLEASE NOTE: The U.S. District Court in Wyoming has its own federal requirements governing pro hac vice appearances. Please call (307) 433-2120 for more information.
- Read the applicable rules concerning admission pro hac vice: Rule 8 of the Rules Governing the Wyoming State Bar and the Authorized Practice of Law and Rule 104 of the Uniform Rules for the District Courts of the State of Wyoming; Rule 19.01 of the Wyoming Rules of Appellate Procedure.
- Submit your application and pay online HERE. If you would rather pay by check, please complete this Application for Pro Hac Vice Admission (PDF 144K), which must be signed and notarized, and submit with payment. Incomplete or altered applications will be returned.
- Obtain certificate(s) of good standing from the highest court for each state(s) in which you are licensed to practice law, dated no more than 30 days prior to the date the application is received by the Wyoming State Bar.
- Associate with local counsel, who is an active member of the Wyoming State Bar. Local counsel must file a Motion for Admission Pro Hac Vice and an Entry of Appearance in the matter for which you are seeking admission, along with the Rule 8 Certificate , which you will receive upon approval of your application. Please note that the motion and entry of appearance should not be filed prior to receipt of the Rule 8 Certificate. Submit all of the documents listed above in the Submission Checklist to the Wyoming State Bar, including payment of the application fee in the amount of $500. Payment may be made by a check payable to the Wyoming State Bar, or by credit card. Ensure that payment information is noted on the application. Application documents may be sent to:
Wyoming State Bar
4124 Laramie Street
P.O. Box 109
Cheyenne, WY 82003-0109
Fax: (307) 632-3737
The Wyoming State Bar will issue a Rule 8 Certificate upon approval of the application for admission pro hac vice to local counsel, and a copy will be sent to the applicant.
A separate application and application fee must be submitted for each case in which an attorney seeks admission pro hac vice.
- A separate application must be submitted for each attorney seeking admission in a case. For example, if a firm’s senior attorney and two associates are to be listed on the pleadings after admission, each must file a separate application, along with all of the documentation and fees required.
- Certificate(s) of good standing can take time to obtain. Certificate(s) from the highest court in each state(s) in which you are licensed, dated no more than 30 days prior to the date the application is received by the Wyoming State Bar.
- Need to find local counsel?
Click here if you know the name of the Wyoming attorney.
Click here if you would like to search for local counsel by practice area.